How to make the perfect christmas stuffing with Woolworths
Try our easy to follow Christmas turkey with gingerbread stuffing recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 180g primo middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, quartered, grated
- 5 cups woolworths gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crushed gingerbread
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbs thyme leaves
- 1 x 5kg Macro Free-Range Turkey
- Bay leaves, to decorate
- Roast potatoes, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°c. Heat oil and butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook diced onion and bacon for 10 minutes or until softened. Add apple and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and gingerbread in a large bowl. Add cooled onion mixture, egg and thyme. Season. Stir until well combined.
3. Fill front and back cavities of turkey with stuffing mixture. Secure legs with kitchen twine. Tuck wings under turkey. Transfer to a roasting pan and cook following packet instructions. Add potatoes to the pan for the last 40 mins to roast.
4. Plate the turkey on a platter with roasted potatoes around the sides and decorate with bay leaves, to serve.
Recipe provided by Woolworths